👋 Hey all! As many of you might know, CryptoFights has hit a sudden and unprecedented surge in popularity in the last few weeks, and we've managed to set new records for the highest amount of transactions on-chain. We can only thank you, the players, for helping us achieve all this! 🎉
The downside to this was that our servers couldn't accommodate all of the new traffic, and many players wanting to log in and experience the game were left high and dry.
We shifted all our focus on coming up with an elegant solution for the issues many of you experienced as a result of this giant traffic increase, and the result is our new in-game functionality called the
Smart Queueing System
Some of you might already know what a login queue is - You start the game, type in your username and password, click "log in" and then you see: "Login Queue, position: x" - we've implemented the same mechanic for CryptoFights.
How it Works:
The new queue system works on a 'first come, first serve' basis - After updating to the newest version of the game, upon logging in you will now see a queue number if the maximum amount of concurrent players has been reached. This number will keep going down as your position in the virtual queue updates, and as soon as it reaches 0, you'll be let in!
Once you've reached the top of the queue, you don't need to take any additional action - the game will load fine, and you will be able to play for as long as you'd like to ( there is no time or activity limit implemented currently ) However, keep in mind that closing the game at any point while waiting in the queue or while already inside of the game will remove you from the pool of active players, and you'll need to queue again.
That's pretty much it! If you've got any feedback about this new feature, we'd LOVE to hear it - so head on over to our discord, telegram or just send a message directly to our friendly folks over at customer support via our chat widget!
Other Notable Updates:
We've added another improvement to compliment this new queuing system and help you play matches quickly and efficiently - the match speed you set when playing will now persist across matches, so you only need to set it once and every match will be played out at the same speed you set - no more having to manually press x2 or x3 each time you enter a dungeon battle!
Here's What's New:
Our Developers have been furiously stirring the pot of CryptoFights lately, working tirelessly on adding new ingredients to the game, sprinking in performance improvements, and fishing out pesky bugs! Here is a highlight of some of the most noteworthy new changes in version 22.14.3
- The DevOps team finally figured out the answer to the question Watcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk?by consolidating the main system trunk into testnet!
- A ton of new bits and pieces of code were added as we prepare the game for the new, soon-to-be-released game features such as item crafting, enchanging, dismantling and arena staking.
- Other system improvements include: upgrading the code for how different game screens are loaded, improving the .apk and .exe application packaging times, simplifying the way ability effects are applied in the code, and more!
- We fixed the "Fighter does not exist" backend error showing up after registering sometimes, as well as the error that would show up if you logged out and then re-logged in, along with cleaning up some random Nullref exception errors that would pop up every once in a while.
- Your fighter will no longer kill himself during the tutorial!We appologize for any distress caused and would like to let you know that no CryptoFighters were harmed during the fixing of this issue
- Your fighter was sometimes not attacking the opponent- Not anymore!
- The dice would sometimes appear when they weren't supposed to, or wouldn't appear when they were supposed to- We fixed that!
- We fixed the bug where equipping illusions changed your character's gender.
- We fixed a lot of different Hall of Memories visual and performance bugs
- Quasit's portrait was fixed- This lovable beast's picture is looking better than ever now.
- Cursenow lasts 5 turns, instead of 8.
- Vengefulwas behaving weirdly - We fixed the issue where necrotic dmg was applying to dead fighters and increasing HP on the last turn
What's New in CryptoFights 🔥
This week's fixes and improvements cover a wide range of in-game mechanics. Our team of developers worked hard, so that you can play hard! Here's what's new in-game:
Improved In-Game Melting- We've received reports of players accidentally melting items they did not intend to melt via the in-game melting button, and made sure to aply some fixes to the melting logic to prevent it from happening again. With this improved logic, the
melt alloption will only melt items of the same type as the currently selected one, instead of all items.
Reworked perception- We made some changes to the way this stat is calculated, in order to balance out some game skills. Which means that the pesky
Hide Wall DC bugis finally gone for good! We understand just how frustrating it was to have the wrong in-game mechanic, considering that Hide is one of the most popular skills in the game, and made sure to fix the issue.
Battle Portal Cardswill now show the requirements for entering an arena, in order to give you more context on what you need to do to enter a specific Battleground.
How to Play, located on the bottom right of the game now leads to our new, improved website! Watch some gameplay videos and learn more about the game anytime, simply by tapping it. Expect more in-depth tutorials and walkthroughs soon!
Hall of Memorieshas had an overhaul, and while the screen itself will loo exactly the same, the performance and data loading speeds should be greatly improved. We even fixed the bug where the game would crash if you pressed 'skip' on a match replay!
Matchmaking screenhas had some performance improvements as well, expect less hiccups when queueing up for a PvE or PvP match from now on.
Some known issues that we're currently still working on - expect them to be addressed in our future patch notes:
Forfeit is not functional
The Quasit is doing a T-Pose
The Hall of memories is still not 100% reliable in some cases
We have a very exciting update to announce! 🎉
the CryptoFights Android and Windows apps have been updated to Version
22.4.6.Our developers have been tinkering with the innards of the game to bring you a ton of under the hood improvements, including:
Code Spring Cleaning:We dusted off some cobwebs in our code, rotated some cranks up to 11, and cleaned up a lot of our infrastructure to make sure those pesky backend server errors are now gone for good.
There should be no more Internal Server Errors or Backend Deployment Errors popping up during gameplay!
Elastic Caching:We've made some major changes to the way we record & store in-game data. This doesn't mean that the data can now do exercises with an elastic band, but
it certainly means in-game data loading will be fasterand your things will be able to get from point A to point B much quicker!
Improved Queueing:One of the major updates released recently that deserves a place in the spotlight is the improved queue messaging system.
You'll now be notified of your queueing status on every step of the way to a PvP or PvE match- and in the rare case you get stuck, you'll be able to know exactly what went wrong and where!
Better System Logging:While this change won't be visible in-game, it's an important update that will help our team better understand what happens when a match freezes or something goes wrong.
Our new and improved system logging will make tracking and identifying issues easier, and in turn will help us catch and solve issues faster than ever before!
This update brings a lot of new and exciting updates to the Fyx Gaming portal and CryptoFights, including some new in-game features and a ton of under-the-hood improvements, and a major Marketplace UI update!
New CryptoFights Features:
Retire Fighters- you now have the option to delete all those unused fighters and clean up your fighter selection screen! This highly requested feature is finally here, and players will now have the option to delete any unwanted fighters simply by visiting the Caravan and selecting the fighter they want to delete.
In-Game Item Melting- no more switching back and forth between the portal and the game when trying to melt items! We have added the option to melt either all items or specific ones, just be careful not to melt any items you do not intend to! We are working on bringing in item locking soon to help players 'lock in' specific items that they do not want melted ever, so keep an eye out on our changelog for when this update comes out!
Smarter & Better Captcha- This feature is currently turned off, we heard you loud and clear on how annoying the captcha before every battle was and also on your concerns regarging accessibility for players with impaired vision! We've improved it tenfold and in the rare case you MIGHT be asked to complete a captcha, you will simply be asked to drag a puzzle piece in it's place! We hope this is way more fun than having to enter text, but keep in mind if you get it wrong three times you might still be presented with the old boring captcha, just so we can make sure you're not a bot! 😊
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
Major Performance Improvements- Aside from adding all those new features, our team has also been working hard on overhauling all our server systems, reticulating all the splines, redistributing resources and making sure there are no major issues such as disapperaing items or fighters, balances not updating properly, players being unable to match and so on. This is our biggest backend overhaul yet, and we're hoping the game is going to be x10 more stable and reliable after these updates. If you're still having issues related to your account after this update, please feel free to reach out and let us know!
Remember Me:You can set a PIN on your device for easy log in if you check 'remember me' during sign in. Please note that this PIN code is only stored locally on your device, so if you set it up on Android you will also need to set it up separately on PC.
Optional Level Up- Players are now allowed to go back after they have decided to level up, making the level up optional.
Improved Matchmaking UI- We've added more feedback to help players understand what is going on as they are in the queue
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- A lot of improvements have been made to the bots, making them smarter
- Fix pvp killing blow/defeat animation and other circumstances where battle animations don't play out
- Attempt at fixing some problems with missing items (not validated)
- Fix for the stuck on loading screen just as battle was about to startbug that caused many players to lose their funds without going into a fight
- Fix damage types layout on caravan for weapons with special item bonuses
- Fixed an issue with how XP was printed out on the caravan - sometimes the rounding made it seem like you had enough XP to level up when you didn't.
- A lot of small tweaks and bug fixes under the hood.
⚠ Known issues ⚠
Sometimes the health bar misreports HP on bots, specially when using the x3 toggle
Aqua will skip some turns or bug out in the middle of a battle
Some players might still experience missing items, we've found that restarting the game or waiting a bit helps. We're still working on fully resolving this issue for everyone, but most players should not be experiencing it anymore! 💪
Improved Marketplace Search- You can now search for multiple words by adding a dash inbetween them. Try hand-crossbow if you want to look for a hand crossbow for example!
Easy to read Item Stats- We've added the weapon name, rarity and price to the thumbnail, and also a detailed pop-up that shows all item details on mouse hover.
Different colors based on Rarity- You will be able to easily tell the rare and epic items from the common and uncommon at a glance now!
❄ The New Snow Mountain Update is Live ❄
The official release is
NOWavailable , we have worked tirelessly to bring it to you as soon as possible. Please check out this brief description of some of the changes you can expect in the new update:
Here's What's New:
New Free PvE & Paid PvP modes! Players can now reach Level 10!! Battle it out in 3 new Single-Player mode levels and 2 new PvP arenas. Information on loot drop %s:
- Forest Dungeons:lvl 1-4 75% Poor, 25% Common / lvl 5,6 73% poor, 20% common, 7% uncommon
- Battlegrounds 1:73% Poor, 20% Common, 7% Uncommon
- Snow Dungeons:18% Poor, 60% Common, 20% Uncommon, 2% Rare
- Battlegrounds 2:4% Poor, 25% Common, 62% Uncommon, 8% Rare, 1% Epic
- Battlegrounds 3:25% Common, 62% Uncommon, 11% Rare, 2% Epic
XP Rewards from PVP- XP is earned from PvP and PvP wins are required to access the Snow Dungeons. To continue to gain xp after lvl 7 and the Forest Dungeons, you will need to enter PvP matches.
Dice Rolls on lvl ups:Now when gaining new lvls 1d4 is rolled and added to HP, XP can be spent in the caravan to re-roll these rolls. Simply tap on the dice shown below your character for a chance to re-roll.
MAX LVLHas been increased to lvl 10, this comes with two addtional skills and one stat point.
- 🧊 Chillcooldown has been increased to2
- 🙏 Cleansecooldown has been reduced to4
- 🏹 Lock and Loadnow has a cooldown of2turns
- 🛡 Mundane Protectionnow lasts3turns and has a cooldown of6turns
- 🗡 Precisenow addsX3damage oncriticalhits for heavy precision weapons (crossbows)as well as the +1 to critical range
- 🍃 Improved Sneak AttackNow works while inspired
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- 🎵 Match start sound not playing in the beginning of battle.
- 🎶 Some Improvements & tweaks to the sounds system and audio effects.
- 💸 Fighters will no longer storing funds when not finding an opponent.
- 🔥 Critical hits are now functioning properly.
Exsiting Known Errors:
- ⚠ HP reroll in the caravan needs the page refreshed to update the new amounts.
- ⚠ Forfeit & Logout Buttons in the settings are not functioning.
- ⚠ Tutorial only works when starting with a new account.
- ⚠ Cancel Queue button not appearing Immediately.
- ⚠ Hall of memories not functioning properly.
- ⚠ Caravan can get stuck and require a restart.
CryptoFights is down for maintenance while we roll over to our new infrastructure and re-index all transactions.
Note that you will not be able to access the game or site temporarily while we're switching things up! 🤓🛠💻
Some of the weird issues such as duplicated fighters or missing items/match histories should be resolved after this.
📝 A list of some of the things we're working on:
- Lots of balancing tweaks to the skills and abilities
- Improved and Enhanced logic for the new enemies
- Fix for Entry Fees getting stuck in the Fighter wallet
- Smart PvP matchmaking system to prevent steamrolling
- Fix for how Critical Hits and their bonuses are calculated
- Fighter Skins and the option to equip, sell and trade them
- Important fixes to Dirty Fighting and Improved Sneak Attack
- The new Single Player campaign and PvP modes! ( check out the sneak peaks in our Discord channel #📸║pictures 👀 !! 👉 fyx.gg/discord )
- ... Plus many more bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements
We hope to be back up and running asap. We'd also like to thank all members of our community for the understanding! Thank you all for helping us make CryptoFights better, know that the team is receiving all of your messages and is extremely appreciative of the amount of love CryptoFights is receiving. 💖
For the latest information please keep an eye on: https://status.fyxgaming.com/
As soon as everything is back up and running again, we will make an official announcement.
-The Fyx Gaming Team
CRYPTOFIGHTS 21.28.53 - Bug fixes and improvements:
- Swifted - New Status Effect
- Bare Fistsare now✋✋1d4
- Chillnow has a1 turncooldown
- Burnnow has a1 turncooldown
- Smitenow has a1 turncooldown
- Shocknow has a1 turncooldown
- Multiattackis now calledCharge
- Second Windno longer freezes game
- Smitenow works with aPractice staff
- Tauntnow breaksHiddenfor all players
- Pinning Strikeskipping turns has been fixed
- Unarmedis now✋✋ 2d6instead of✋ 1d8
- Coat Weaponnow makes opponentPoisonedfor6 turns
- Fireballnow does 3d6 DMG + opponent isBurnedfor 3 Turns
- Stabis now only usable withPiercingorSlashingAssault weapons
- Unarmedskill now turns your fists intoBrutalinstead ofSwiftweapons
- Burned:take 1d4 necrotic DMG per turn, cannot be healed byHealorSecond Wind
- Cursed:take 1d4 Necrotic DMG per turn, cannot be healed byHealorSecond Wind
- Curse:Roll 1d20 + Int Bonus against the opponent's Perception ( 10 + Int Bonus ). If successful, the target becomesCursedfor8 turns
- Mundane Protection
You become protected against Mundane damage (Slashing, Bludgeoning, Piercing) for
4 turns, Taking half the damage (rounded down) you would take otherwise. Duration:
- Charge(previously Multiattack)
Only usable with
Brutal Heavyweapons. All your weapons gain
6 turncooldown )
- Improved Weapon Visual Effects
- Some Visualand3DImprovements
- Added a missing Icon for Unarmedon equip
- Fixed Equipping Stacked Item equips whole stack
- Updated the taunt Taunticon being shown in battle
- Caravan Actionsslot click/selection issue has been resolved
- Weapon qualityis now shown on damage, ex.FineorExceptional
CRYPTOFIGHTS - Bug fixes and improvements:
- Stun is broken by Bits John
- Freeze Skill issue by Kilbey Sam
- Bug when using Stab by Knutli Aksel
- Shadowy not working by Bits John
- Small Sneak Attack bug by Lucas Koechlin
- Game freezes when using Smite by Telegram User
- Second Wind Ability Freezes Game by Neil Bowman
- Burn cooldown lasting an extra turn by Hoover James
- No option to minimize trait/action info by Nero Konrad
- Multiattack autoplay & cooldown issues by Meester Arnout
- Can use Sneak Attack even when you're not hidden by fatTimmy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FYX PORTAL - Bug fixes and improvements: